Sunday, April 24, 2011

PAMELA LOVE FOR TOPSHOP.

When I heard that everyone's favourite Paganistic jewellery designer was collaborating with everyone's favourite high street store Topshop, I was more than excited. Knowing that the collection could easily be bought from a store rather than ordering over the internet from America, and also expecting the prices to be substansially lower than usual designer jewellery standards. However, I felt mildly dissapointed when I heard the prices were near enough the same as a piece from her ordinary collection, and the designs seem to have lost all her originality, as if to be 'toned down' for Topshop. (I'm sure Philip Green had slight problems with the skulls and Wicca symbols and his high street store being turned into a near enough spirituality shop, especially due to all the gypsy summer trends). Don't get me wrong, from what I've seen of the collection so far - see above, her designs are still appealing and are clearly influenced by her interest for Native America and the 70's, just not as appealing as her original jewellery collections from what I've seen before. I think I would rather pay £10 extra and wait 20 days for an original claw cuff to arrive in the post than get the train to Oxford Street and queue for ages for something that almost every other girl in Britain will soon be wearing around her neck. Pamela Love's collaboration with Topshop arrives in store and online in the UK on 19th May.

No comments:

Post a Comment