Friday, April 29, 2011

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

I am usually one for criticising British culture. Being not entirely British myself, when I visit Italy and come back to England, the way society works is so different. But on a day like today, I feel ever so slightly proud to be a Brit, and part of a country that is so proud, united and strong. Days like today should be remembered. I watched the Royal Wedding from start to finish at work (yes, we were open on a bank holiday) and it's really quite emotional watching all the Royal Family sing along to Jerusalem. Kate looked so elegant in that dress and William looked happy and handsome as ever. She's such a lucky girl, I always think, when she was little she must've read stories like Cinderella and wished she could be a princess, and now she is actually a princess, and will one day be the future queen. So, here's to Kate & William, and to probably the only day of the year where I'll feel proud to be British. Chin chin!

No comments:

Post a Comment