Thursday, February 17, 2011

WE WERE ALMOST FAMOUS

A year ago, we were having the times of our lives. We didn't nescessarily realise it at the time, but we were living the Almost Famous dream. What I had wished to become a reality had actually happened and we found ourselves amongst musicians, dingy clubs and rock n' roll. Now I look back on it a year later and I realise we had it so good. We used to turn up, the three of us, all so individually different and all hell would let loose, we always got our own way and something dramatic would always happen. So many of my best memories are from that time in my life and I'll remember them forever. For example - falling at the Doors Alive concert & being rushed straight to hospital only two songs in. Months later being given free access all areas passes to their London gig because the band were 'sad we missed it'... definitely one of the highlights. Despite all our efforts to try and bring back the good nights we had, it never worked. I'm not sure why. Everything has changed now and the people aren't the same. Not to mention the fact ever since I cut my finger they now have plastic glasses & security gaurds at the venue so we would never be allowed to play volleyball at 4am in there again. I'll never forget the night we were this close to meeting the Kinks but I chickened out because I thought we would look like 'little fan girls', isn't that the point?! I'll never forget the psychedelic night (no doubt about that). I'll never forget that house party on New Year's Eve. I'll never forget all the freebies we got given. Most of all I won't forget the situations we got ourselves into, what we actually used to do. I now know for certain that that time in our lives is over now and it's time to grow up. It lasted a year, it was a year of an experience I never thought I'd have but all three of us got it spot on. Here's to Simon from Letz Zep because I know he reads this - the chavs are still onto us. Here's to Andrea for being there. Here's to Saratonin - we miss you. Here's to Son of Kirk - Mischa's one of the best guitarists I've ever heard. Here's to Wolff - sorry for making a mess of your gig venue with all the blood. Here's to Willie aka Jim - still have your scarf. And here's to all the other people we found & dragged arond with us or willingly let us wrap our legs around them for photography purposes only. Good times, bad times.
Check out Emma's blog - http://www.dazedandconfused1991.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment