Thursday, February 10, 2011

PUSHIN' TOO HARD

I discovered these three songs when I was about 16 and became obsessed. I wanted to dance in underground clubs with purple smoke, kaleidoscope walls and garage stompers on top volume like these three. I had an image of Andy Warhol in the corner with his camera, filming all the people that were spaced out or bumming in the loos, girls with mini dresses and large eyes dancing on their knees and men in turtleneck jumpers and dark glasses smoking their lungs out whilst giving everyone stern looks. Of course all these little fantasies I have in my head are heavily influenced by films, but there HAS to be somewhere in London that bases itself on this exact image, at least a 60's style nightclub? (One that doesn't continously play I'm a believer by The Monkees or Hippy Hippy Shake). Is it really too much to ask when I know lots of people out there would agree with me. If anyone knows any places like this in London or the South East that are still open, DO TELL!



No comments:

Post a Comment