Friday, February 25, 2011

COUNTRY BUMPKIN

Today me & Emma spent the day vintage and antique shopping in a small town near where we live. The town is full of quaint, hidden shops stuffed with junk, fur coats locked away by chains, collectors items and thirties' jazz records - an ideal world for anyone who has even remotely the same interests as I do. Each & every shop is unique, you won't ever find anything the same, which I guess is the whole idea in it really. Several different levels and five different floors full of things to fill your home or wardrobe with and to top it off, it all smells of must. In walking through the town, stopping on benches for cigarettes and entering shops, we had about 7 individual people approach us to tell us how 'lovely' we looked and how they 'loved our outfits' - I always appreciate the rare few people you get around here who actually pay you positive comments on how you look and actually go out of their way to tell you, as most are rude or abusive sussex countryside bumpkins. Not only that, I admire the people who actually do approach you or stop to talk to you as I would never have the courage to do that myself, especially if I was alone, I'm far too shy. Something I need to work on.



Maxi dress - Topshop. Boots - Vintage. Faux fur coat - New Look. Floppy hat - H&M. Bag - vintage (my mother's). Belt - Vintage. Crow foot necklace - H&M. Also, appreciate my slightly oversized stomach in the last photo, as per usual I had eaten the entirety of the cafe we went to.

No comments:

Post a Comment