Saturday, February 26, 2011

IF SHE DOESN'T SCARE YOU NO EVIL THING WILL

The other week I was in the antique shop (the same one I was in yesterday) and discovered the most beautiful coat I had ever seen in person. White & black with a black fur collar, a cloak that just skimmed the floor. Six days later the Topshop Unique Fall 2011 collection was shown at London Fashion Week, based on 101 Dalmatians, Cruella De Vil, puppy dogs, monochrome and the jazz age. Going back to the shop yesterday I was so tempted to buy that coat after having seen that collection (as per usual was 10 sizes to big for me). I absolutely love the fact that the collection was based on 101 Dalmatians and the show opened to the Cruella De Vil theme tune. The film generally being about fashion anyway, Cruella De Vil being the owner of a fashion house who longs for a dalmatian fur coat and goes dramatically over the top in trying to get one. I remember watching it as a child and really wanting a dalmatian coat (faux obviously) and Cruella De Vil being my glamorous idol - couldn't tell many people this of course as they'd probably throw paint at me. I never thought I'd see the day that not only a dalmatian print fur coat would be parading down the catwalk in London, but also the film being the main influence to a fashion designer's imagination.


All photos are my own apart from the first from style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment