Sunday, May 29, 2011

SOUTHAMPTON STREET STYLE.

Recently whilst I was in Southampton visiting my friend at university, I got snapped for a 'Southampton street style' blog which was quite surprising as it was on a day when I was hungover, hungry and not looking my best... I admire people who have their own personal street style blogs. It's a way of inspiration, a way to show the rest of the world what you've seen yourself. When I'm walking through busy streets I sometimes spot someone who I can't stop staring out because I admire their impecable style and predominantly their individuality, I just don't have the courage to stop them & ask to take a photo, but it's happened so many times. I usually admire people who are clearly dressed based or inspired by a particular era. For example, a man dressed as a dandy with a cane and a top hat, a woman dressed like Stevie Nicks, a woman dressed like a 1920's Cafe Society lady, so on & so forth. A girl wearing head to toe Topshop or dressed in the current trends isn't necessarily fashion, not in my eyes at least. Anyway, I just found this photo of me on http://www.southamptonstreetstyle.wordpress.com/ - I cropped it for my blog as I am astonished at the state of my hair/face but you can view me & others here.

No comments:

Post a Comment