Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Heart

Not alot of people are familiar with the band Heart unless you really are a 60's or 70's music fanatic. Infact I only discovered them as a couple of their songs are featured on one of my favourite film's soundtracks - The Virgin Suicides. I researched into the band and also discovered that Nancy Wilson, one of the two sisters, composed the soundtrack to Almost Famous, as Nancy is the wife of the writer of the film - Cameron Crowe. They are a rock band circa 1975-1990, the band line-up changed regularly, however, the only remaining two are the sisters Ann & Nancy Wilson. They also take influence from folk and hard rock music, and were ranked number 57# on VH1's Greatest Artists of Hard Rock. Dreamboat Annie is by far their best album and my favourite of all their albums, released in 1976, it is also their debut. The album has a very folky, 'hippy' style to it, my favourite track being Magic Man. Whilst trying to 'untick' some Heart songs on my itunes because my ipod is full up, I didn't manage to untick any of their songs from Dreamboat Annie as every single song sounds different and stands out. Crazy On You is another favourite. Also, how gorgeous are they?! (Ann on the left, Nancy on the right).

No comments:

Post a Comment